1.03.2010

Life: New Year's Resolutions

I want to put a little more here than just artwork I've made, so I'm going to put forth my New Year's Resolutions. So I can check back next year and see how many I've actually done.

1. Exercise more (at least half an hour, twice a week) and eat healthy. This includes dance more and install a timer on my computer which makes me get up and walk around every twenty minutes.

2. Get a job. I don't think I can handle conventions and freelancing any more, and I really want to be somewhere I can learn, trial-by-fire.

2.5. Get a boyfriend. However! Importantly! This is contingent on Resolution 2 being satisfied first. I will not look for a relationship until I've settled where I'm going to be post-graduation.

3. Spend one full day a week working on digital art, alternating 2D and 3D. This includes entering ConceptArt Character of the Weeks, CGHub Drawing Jams, etc. Contests are a good motivator for me.

4. Get published, get a Daily Deviation, get on DeviantART front page. So, like all artists, I'm a sucker for attention. I think it's a good reward, though for working hard. I'll have to do all the networking that goes with it, but yeah. ImagineFX, Exotique, Expose, etc. If it's small, it's still okay. I need to set this goal to make myself work more on art.

5. Read a book a month. I feel myself getting stupider for not reading. Got any recommendations? I really love things that are intelligent (no stupid protagonists, please!)and mythical.

6. Finish one of my life goals. It could be one of the following:
  • Rivek, 2D and 3D Character Design(face and full body character design illustrations, face and full body sculptures, textured and rigged 3D model, accessory and clothing drawings, beauty illustrations)
  • 100 Themes, Sketchbook
  • ???, One-Shot Pencil-Shaded Comic
  • Otakon Trail, Macromedia Flash Game
  • Prince Project, Fairy tale Gender-reversal Illustrated Novel
  • Companion Guide to Mondigan, Artbook
  • Guide to Mondigan Mythos, Illustrated Novel
  • Trilogy of Mondigan, Novels
  • Alternate Universe Artwork to Mondigan, Artbook
  • List of Ideas I Had In High School and Never Completed, Paintings

3 comments:

Mad Pierrot said...

...You make me look like an absolute under-achiever.

Tory said...

re 1: i am all for the dancing more :D (ps i want to learn swing so badly...)

re 2.5: very good call on the contingency.

re all... these are good.

also, i miss you. <3

tedw4rd said...

Good luck making Otakon Trail a Macromedia Flash game. You should probably put "make a time machine" before that on the list. ;)

Seriously, this looks like a great list. If you'd like some help coming up with a story for a comic, I could help you out. And I'm with Allie: stop making us look like under-achievers!