2.07.2010

Art: Global Game Jam 2010 Philadelphia

Ted called me up last week and said his team was doing a farce JRPG for the Global Game Jam. Now, I am well-versed in pretty boys and stereotypes, so he asked me to come along and do some work. On premises, he tells me their theme is "deception"... but their constraints are "rain," "plain," and "Spain." Thus, some interesting (and bad) art ensued.

Check out the resulting game here: http://globalgamejam.com/2010/classic-deception

Here's the background. I'm surprised it only took four hours. I actually like how this turned out. I didn't have time to add in the Spanish flags, but look! Bulls!


And of course, we need a female character who has oversized eyes, poor anatomy, and over-endowed chest. And unnecessary buckles. Cel-shaded for maximum JRPG effect! The "Spain" thing means she's a Flamenco dancer.


And now, are all-too-girly-boy matador with an extraneously large sword. And buckles. Just flats because I ran out of time.


I forgot how hard it is for me to draw anime style.

1 comment:

tedw4rd said...

You forgot to post the game it's in!

http://globalgamejam.com/2010/classic-deception