6.15.2010

Art: Fanime 2010

A collection of work from Fanime, con commissions. I haven't done much original drawing as of late. I need to fix that. A lot of them are missing since I forgot to upload them. But if you are interested in live updates as I finish my con pieces, check out my Twitter.

Stephanie has been a good friend of mine since we met online years ago. Her Nutella sandwiches pretty much kept me alive during the con, so I gave her free merchandise. She insisted on buying something, though - so I said if you insist on spending money, you might as well get a commission since any prints would be free. I offered her legitimate shading (since I"m finally getting fast enough that I can do it at-con). Originally, I meant to draw just Aedan, the guy, but then I looked in the sandwich bag, and there was a note congratulating me on my new job. Yeah, it was "Hey! Congrats! Here's twenty bucks!" Obviously, that would be enough to add another character, so I did! Haha, so Mae is now in his lap. Anyhow, I do so adore these characters. Enough that I didn't even need a reference, haha.


This was weird. A woman looked through my work and saw this piece of Rivek and Willowren. She requested it re-drawn with Gaara. She didn't care, either, about size, shading, nudity, or even who the female character was, which I found odd... Thus, I modified Willowren into Hinata because I didn't want to put my character through that.


Part of me loves drawing Robin because it's like drawing Rivek, only I can actually sell pictures of Robin. Hence, I did some small costume changes which I consider integral to my designing style. This was for a sketch trade with Karen who is an amazing artist obsessed with all Robins (Seriously, I'd go to buy a commission for someone, and they'd be like "sure, after I finish this picture of Robin for Karen."). It's her favorite, though - the dead one, Jason Todd, so I threw the wings in. Awkward foot is awkward.


This one, a guy asked me to re-draw his character but in both my own style and my own design. I had no real idea where I was going with it, but I think I landed somewhere around airship captain. I tried to maintain some of his original design elements, like the jacket and "OK" belt, but throw my own spin, like the bandages, on it.


There were probably like, five or six more which I just forgot to take pictures of. Eheh.

No comments: