12.18.2008

Sketches: Since Thanksgiving

So, it hasn't been a good semester. A lot of my grades were on the edges, between letters, and the coin flip fell on the not-so-good side because I'm a bad test taker. A friend also got into a bad accident and passed away last week. Buckling down means I haven't had time for posting much other than site critiques, which are required for class. Thanks to my friends who've been a great support during these times. Also, I think I might disappear for longer because my computer really needs repair - the touchpad's worn away and the down key isn't responsive, so navigating a browser is difficult. That said, I've bought a lot of stuff as a future investment in my art-ly education.

I've been working on some sketches, leftover commissions from September. This is from the contest I held. The character belongs to http://semiramis.deviantart.com/.


Cheap sketch commission for my friend http://mirrew.deviantart.com/.

Commission for an adorable couple from the New York Anime Festival.


Chibi commission from the New York Anime Festival. I like doing bright-colored, chubby chibis.


And just for kicks - here's a render from the raytracer which I had to do for my graphics programming class, my favorite challenging course this semester.


Later, Ill post some progress on Horus (yes, that age-old thing I've been doing since August), and my new labor of love, "A Murder of Crows" which is my entry for Taron's Natives of the Lifeless Forest" contest at CGHub.

1 comment:

Fallen Engel Graphic Novel said...

I love your pencil sketches, but the colored ones are so bright and beautiful as well.
So sad to hear about your friend, I hope you are doing O.k with it.