2.21.2009

Sketches: Rivek, Bohren, Dominance War IV

Here's the scrapped Valentine's Day picture with Rivek and Bohren. I'm very happy with how Rivek's face turned out. Figure sculpting helped a lot. I might turn it into an icon. On another note, he is very much due for a costume re-design. His current one, although I like it, seems too feminine for the rest of the world. Which makes me question why, when I first drew it two years ago, I didn't think his midsection armor looked like a man-corset.


CGHub is participating in Dominance War IV , and I will try to participate (not that I will win, but I want a good piece and some good encouragement). I wanted to do someone kind of anorexic for my Figure Modeling final, but the Jack Cateater may have to do. I wouldn' t have the time to do two models. I'm sure Scott would love if I textured this foul beast. God, unwrapping these UVs would hurt. Displacement mapping is a godsend, and I'm learning ZBrush tomorrow, I swear. Anyhow, concept. I wanted to make a "War Lord" in the sense of a ruler who doesn't do much in terms of actual battle.

Seventeen is the age when want to becomen men, sometimes through the validation of a woman. Now, seeking a woman is a different matter. Courtship is such a hassle when one has a full purse, but these types of markets don't have purchase guarentees. The Plague serves as an eerie marker adorning those who chose to quell their sinful desires.

Jack Cateater cannot remember his real name anymore, but he remembers that one night of gold and hot sweat. Supposedly, he was once a merchant's sole, arrogant, heir. He still has a head for numbers and will still drive a deal with you. For anything you'd like. If you are willing to pay the price, of course. And the price can be quite steep.

As for the nickname, he only says, "Cats eat rats. In that sense, a cat a wonderfully diabolical, wonderfully cruel, sewer lord, is he not? Now, if I ate rats, that would make me equal to a cat. I, for one, most certainly enjoy my position as the lord of lords."

No comments: