2.21.2009

The Tailor's Daughter: Girl Character Sketches I

Joy of joys, I have moved onto the character design stage. This was hard, and I seem to have landed in a semi-cartoon style. I just can't see the story working with hyper-realistic characters.

The story focuses on hair, so I started off designing that. The only criteria was "long" and "white," and I established that bangs were too modern. The top of the middle portion is my experimenting with overall figure shape, similar to silhouettes. I though the fishtail dress was too adult. This is as much a coming-of-age story as a romance. The bottom-middle row is possible dress designs, inspired by Disney princesses and Lord of the Rings elves. The picture at right is what I have so far, but I need more suggestions. I don't know what my "vision" is yet.

No comments: