9.29.2009

Art: Clothing Designs

Not-so-secretly, the countries I design are actually based on the seven deadly sins. The Alisians' greatest flaw is pride, a nationalistic sense and strong xenophobia which causes them to obsess over honro and traditional rituals. The Vestanzans are lustful, a country of high population and great focus on physical appearance. The Akhari are gluttonous, funding luxuries while depriving people of basic needs.

A drawing of Rivek, in Alisian clothing which needs to be re-designed. I still like the sleeves, though - I think I'll keep them as part of the culture designs. I am very happy with his face.


Cina is a Vestanzan exchange student, also Rivek's first girlfriend. She's a slut, haha. Vestanzan elements include the high-collared coat, thigh boots, and flame-shaped edges.


The Akhari wear lots of light, long, flowing cloth. Their patterns are simple, made mostly of straight lines. They use braided gloden belts. Most notable, though, is the dusters.

Belsamael is the Akhari prince whose country needs him to bear a child because the fire-wielding magic of the (highly inbred) family line must continue. Unfortunately, he's gay, haha.


Rivek, in Akhari clothes. Because I can. I wanted more examples of Akhari clothing but wanted to customize it for a different, already-established character.

1 comment:

jess said...

Great designs!