10.14.2008

Sketches

It's been a productive week art-wise, relative to schoolwork. I think it's because I've been drawing in class again. It's such a bad habit, but it keeps me from sleeping.

This was inspired by some people I know, and situations I make up in my head. Try to exorcise demons, so to speak.


A couple nights ago, I had a dream about an internet-famous painter of androgynous, college, hipster, boys who simply disappeared one day. We all thought he was a guy named "Eddie Bauers," but really, once we did more snooping we found out Eddie was a 6'1" tomboy supermodel who liked to trick people online into thinking she was a guy. She also liked knife fights - we found a last note from her explaining to her best friend (and coincidentally, her second), how excited she was for the fight that night - the one that ended up being her last.

That said, I spent all of yesterday listening to the Les Miserables soundtrack, so I decided to try an idea I've had since high school - to draw my characters as if they were the actors. This is Kaiaden as Enjorlas - both idealistic, revolutionary, arrogant.


Also, here's a work-in-progress of this Horus-inspired picture I began much earlier this year (as it the week I started school).

No comments: