7.14.2009

Art: Draco Malfoy Portrait

I got really bored of doing so many shading pictures, and with the new Harry Potter Film coming out (Half Blood Prince, nonetheless, where he's actually somewhat less cardboard-like!), I decided to paint Draco Malfoy. Final decision was influenced by hearing Melinda gush over Tom Felton at Anime Expo. She helped me out so many times, but I didn't want to jsut draw Sasunaru for her.


It was good practice for me to work entirely in color and eye structure, even if it meant re-starting several times. Also, the PS file ended up being 380 MB! Egads! I'm worried over how he'll appeal as a print, but my style lends itself better to Harry Potter than to anime. So, we shall see. Then again, Draco's just a guy in a suit with white-blond hair. I can bet a lot of people will buy it thinking he's someone else.

I friggin' love HP. Midnight showing, here we gooo~!

No comments: