1.31.2009

Advanced Animation Project: Story Notes and Landscapes

For my Advanced Projects in Animation class, I am working on concept art and visual development. In short, I'm trying to create a fairy tale that exists within my "headworld" - environments, characters, storyboards, etc. Hopefully, I can turn it into a short film when I am a senior.

So, here are some trial environment sketches. I am trying to do perspective freehanded.


At the moment, my greatest difficulty is creating a myth that fits the time frame of a two-minute film while still delivering a moral.


On the bright side, I will be writing prose versions soon. I post my notes more so that I can reach them later if my computer crashes.

1 comment:

Mad Pierrot said...

Can I say one thing? It's damn near impossible to successfully set up, portray, and explain a story with a moral in two minutes of animation. Even harder if your credits and titles have to be included in that two minutes. I say just try to tell the story first, then worry about the moral if you have time to play with. Or maybe convey the moral through the story in such a way that you don't say it. Also, not even gonna try to read your notes. Tell me later or something.