4.05.2009

Art: Tekkoshocon 2009

Tekkoshocon was very slow, so I really had time to put effort into my commission pieces. It makes me wish I charged a little higher, but what can you do? Tipping isn't common convention practice. Sorry, no scanner, so we will make do with photos.

YunaHellsing, a fan from deviantART, wanted a picture of Yuna, but in a different outfit. One of my specialties being pirates, she asked me to do an 18th-century gunner outfit for her that referenced her X-2 outfit. This ended up being my favorite piece. You can see I went pretty far with the colors.


For my second favorite piece, someone asked me to draw their two original characters, both of whom like guns. I noticed some design similarities between them and played off of the duality. The engraving on the silver gun is my signature, hohoho.


Someone commissioned a portrait of herself, and I turned it into a color experiment, trying to mix purple and yellow for lighting.


Sometimes, at cons, you get pretty weird requests. The strangest this time around was Alexander the Great. I drew him in profile because Greek noses are so characteristic. The girl said he was her hero. Honestly, she has taste. I mean, someone else came up to me and said Dante from Devil May Cry was her hero.


The same girl who got the previous commission also asked for a bird-beaked man. Again, very fun because I kind of like ugly things.


Not much to say here... it's a chibi of Bakura from YuGiOh.


This was my first commission all con and pretty much brought me out of the red. A girl asked for herself to be draw with L from Death Note and Kakashi from Naruto, both of whom are awesome. This is when I decided I would actually go back to inking. It's easier on my poor markers.

There are some I forgot to archive, specifically a waiter-like character, a jackalope girl, a topless Wolverine, a cleric original character, and some chibi portraits. But, oh well. If you commissioned me and would like to send me the work I did for you, please do.

1 comment:

jess said...

Hahahah, Alexander the Great was my "hero" for a long time when I was around Highschool-aged.


... Now I have Johannes Kepler.