4.18.2009

Sketches: Requiem & Dominance War

Since it looks like I will be doing conventions again this summer, I'm going to try to put together some sketchbooks to sell - everyone has prints and trinkets, so I think this would be a novel turn.

We watched "Pleasures of War," a short animation by Ruth Lingford, in class. It is a highly sexual re-telling of the story of Judith and Holofrenes. The story does not bear much resemblance to that of my characters, though. It's meant to be Kai and his (yet unnamed) pregnant, girlfriend.


Rivek and Willowren being very much out of character and out of canon. Done as if they were zombies, one feeding off the blood of the other. More representative of their relationship than anything.


Finally, some Dominance War sketches to try and figure out how my character's eyepiece works. I think I might name him Dr. Jonathon Gisbourne. The thing is, despite being English, has very Asian eyes. I think his nose is my favorite feature, though.

And a bad sketch trying to form Sorian - he needs to somewhat be comparable to Rivek but looks like he is from an entirely different society.

2 comments:

Tory said...

i like the nirav-ted-... continuum in the corner :D
*handles the gore for sake of the art* hehe just for youuuu grace!

mikoi said...

oooo very interesting concept sketch, mind giving me a quickie as to whats with his neck and face on the bottom left corner? did he have some horrible accident and get hurt?

ah and which conventions you going to?