4.05.2009

Sketches: Rivek, Bohren, Cat, Dominance War IV; Again

I finished the sketchbook I started in August which I dedicated solely to original work, so I decided to christian my new one with a drawing of Rivek. Just plainclothes, though, something he would wear on a daily basis. I always draw him in something he would only wear on occasion... or not wearing much at all. On a funny note, someone at the con pointed to the sketch and said, "I would so date him."

A friend of mine commented on how long it would take my characters to get dressed in the morning because of all the bandages. I excuse myself saying the bandages are for pitched battle - which still exists in my all-too-hopelessly-romantic world - and with pitched battle, one can be ready ahead of time. That said, binding a wrist doesn't take too long. At least, not nearly as long as putting on plate armor.

I really like drawing the figure, using knowledge of muscle structure. So sometimes, I just get too damned lazy to put them in clothes. That happened here. Plus, my hands were shaking from too much caffeine, too little sleep. Rivek has a tattoo, but people always seem to forget/don't know that.


On the same note of too much caffeine, too little sleep, during the Giant Studios presentation, the Ph. D. student, Joe, leans over and says something about a big, fat, cat (He has one, it's name is GUI - like graphic user interface). In my fragile, sleep-deprived, state, I heard "draw a big, fat, cat." So I did.


Lastly, some sketches from Dominance War, trying to add some stylication and affect the body to show the way the character moves - bow-legged, close to the ground, active arms.

2 comments:

Croon said...

-CACKLE-
KITTY = WIN.
xDDDD
I can't decide whether I'm slightly CREEPED OUT or LOL'D by its facial expression, but it's still cute. D8

BTW bandages are ALWAYS positive things. >':
DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE. >8|

(Lololol betchu were looking forward to some kind of insightful comment WEREN'TCHU D8)

P said...

:D yay GUI!