12.28.2009

Art: Art Half-Marathon 09, Day 08 or 006/100 Themes - Breakaway

"Ruta liber." Breakaway. 6/100 Themes.

Rivek and Bohren, at 17 and 18 respectively, the latter helping the former walk to a meeting where he will sign away his citizenship.

A metaphorical rebirth, in a way. When Rivek is pardoned for impersonating nobility, he breaks free of the lies he made during that time. However, this forces him to adopt and accept his innate qualities as a dark-mage - an identity which is chained in its own right by a blood contract to Willow.

Bohren, though, is the kind of guy who would stick by his best friend no matter what crazy emotional crises he was going through. Not much of an identity breakaway there, but it high time where he has to come to terms with his own sexuality.

I liked this one, but I ran out of time on the execution. Notice the fast shading and... uh... how he's missing legs.


"You didn't even wash up, did you?"

"Well, I heard my best friend was finally conscious again."

"And thus, you subject his sensitive, avian nose to upir post-practice odor?"

"I'm afraid he'll have to deal with it until his charred legs can walk again by themselves."

"Well played, sir. Now, you taking me to sign my life away?"

"In blood, no less. I heard there's a bonus: free tattoo."

"Goddamn fantastic. I can't hardly wait."

"Good to have you back."

"Same here. Same here. Ow, watch your foot."

No comments: